1. How many ‘Likes’ you received
2. How clean your underwear was when you died.
3. Whether or not you cheated on a midterm in college.
4. How many songs or movies you pirated.
5. Whether your facebook status was up to date.
6. The excuses you made not to follow your dream.
7. How up to date you were on “current events”.
8. The ideas you kept to yourself
9. Whether you said “ham-bur-ger” or “em-ber-ger”.
10. The number of times you wore that shirt.
11. The talents which you never expressed.
12. Dreams forgotten when the alarm clock rang.
13. Whether you were rejected that one time.
14. What your boss thought of you.
15. Whether or not the neighbors approved.
16. All those times you felt embarrassed.
17. Whether the professor gave you an A or A-.
18. Whether you played Nintendo or Playstation.
19. What place you came in in the ratrace.
20. How much space was left on your hard drive.
21. How many nasty comments you got on the internet.
22. How much busywork you accomplished.
23. Whether you used iPhone or Blackberry
24. Whether you took shower daily or not
25. All your mails in draft folder
26. The number of things in your list of 50 things
There was a survey once. A 1000 people when asked, if they could know in advance would they want to know the exact day of their death. 96% of them, said no. I always kind of leaned toward the other 4%. I think it would be liberating.Knowing how much time, we have left to work with.
Well, here is my list. May be you would be having something interesting to share with me as well. So, don’t hesitate, feel free to post link to your ‘bucket list’ in comment to this post.
Things to do
1. Be a bestselling author
4. Write a song for a Bollywood movie
5. Be an extra in a film
6. Write a poetry book and dedicate it to my Mom
7. Write a poetry book and dedicate it to my love
8. Get married and have kids.
11. Make 1 million in a day
12. Convert to Buddhism
13. Be a web entrepreneur
14. Start a band of my own
15. Gift Dad a new car
16. Get made a wax sculpture of my mom
18. Make love on a private boat in moonlight
20. Learn Salsa
21. Witness Aurora
22. Visit Times Square for Christmas Eve
24. Ride in a hot air balloon
25. Make some toys for my kids.
26. Set foot on each of the seven continents
27. Spend 24 hrs alone in a jungle
28. Meet Gulzar sahab
30. Run through the jungle with winds in my hair and sands at my feet
31. Ride a horse in Russian forest
32. Make comics for my kids
35. Buy absolutely nothing for one week
39. Write my autobiography
40. Get married to the girl who continues to amaze me each and every day
45. Be a social entrepreneur
48. Watch IMDB Top 250 Movies
49. Do bungee jumping Do bungee jumping again
50. Grow my own vegetables
54. Wrestle with my grandson
57. File a patent
58. Redesign supply chain for a Fortune 500 company
59. Make at-least 100 people cry tears of joy
62. Get my travelogue published
65. Get an international award for documentary film making
67.Work for an Ad Agency
68. Become a Fashion Photographer
72. Translate Daddy’s autobiography to a foreign language
73. Witness electric blue bio-luminescence in the Maldives.
76. Trigger a social revolution
77. Travel to 50 countries before turning 30
79. Read “The complete works of Oscar Wilde”
80. Keep walking continuously for 4 hours
83. Live in a countryside for 1 year
84. Learn to cook
88. Cheer up a stranger at the other side of the world
89. Create a ‘Before I die’ wall in my city Create a ‘Before I die’ wall in another city
90. Hitchhike in the back of a rickety truck with chickens, goats, or other nervous livestock
91. Live on a beach for a year
92. Cross a country border by foot, bike, boat, plane, dance, skates and get more creative with each new border
93. See loving friends and family around my deathbed at the end of a long, fulfilling life
95. Organize ‘No Pants Metro Ride‘ in Bangalore
96. Own a Kayak
97. Attend an official TED Conference.
99. Participate in the Brazilian Carnaval celebration.
100. Spontaneously walk into the airport and randomly buy a same-day ticket to wherever looks appealing.
101. Get deported from a country
Places to Travel & Landmarks to See
1. French Polynesia
44. Machu Picchu
46. Great Barrier Reef
48. Easter Island
49. Fjords of Norway
50. Rio Panoramic View
57. New York
58. San Francisco
If this one minute fly do not inspires you to create your bucket list, you should consider yourself dead.
If it do inspires you, do not forget to put link of your bucket list in comment to this post.